On January 1, 2010 the Jurisdiction of the Small Claims Court increased to $25,000.00. This long-awaited change makes it easier for businesses and individuals to use the court process for the enforcement of contracts, the collection of debts, and for compensation for civil damages. The Small Claims Court is the peoples court, designed so that every person, regardless of means, can have her day in court. There is, however, a difference between having your day in court, and winning in court. Lord Diplock once stated, “The beauty of the common law, is that it is a maze and not a motorway.” As a licensed Small Claims Court Agent, we have the skills to navigate the maze, assess your case, advise you of your legal options, manage the court process, negotiate settlements, and to argue and win your case at trial. Please call for a free consultation.
Our Licensed Small Claims Court Agent will :
- Provide a free ½ hour consultation
- Review your case including applicable law and precedents
- Advise you of your legal options
- Advise you of the projected costs of proceeding with your case
- Draft and issue your pleadings
- Arrange for service of legal documents on all parties
- Represent you at mandatory settlement conferences
- Negotiate will all parties with a view to settlement
- Conduct your case at trial
For the location of the Small Claims Court in Ontario nearest you, please click here. A qualified, licensed Small Claims Court agent is your best opportunity to succeed with a lawsuit in Small Claims Court . Parallax Paralegal Services can put you in contact with a licensed Small Claims Court agent in your area.