The Residential Tenancies Act
The Residential Tenancies Act (RTA)) regulates the relationship between landlords and tenants in Ontario. The RTA is complex and laden with nuances including Human Rights Code issues Charter of Rights and Freedoms applications, and of course, collection issues. A licensed Landlord and Tenant agent can help you cut through the red tape, negotiate the minefields inherent in the Landlord and Tenant Board, and help you achieve a winning result, quickly and efficiently.
- A Licensed Landlord and Tenant Board agent will:
- Prepare, serve and file Notice of arrears and termination
- File certificate of service with the Landlord and Tenant Board.
- Prepare, serve and file applications with the Landlord and Tenant Board
- Prepare, serve and file defence to landlord/tenant applications.
- Prepare the case, research the law, obtain professional witnesses, and interview and prepare witnesses for trial
- Represent the landlord or tenant at a hearing including mediation, settlement or trial
- File eviction orders with the Sheriff
- Prepare, issue and serve Garnishments
- Judgment Debtor examinations
Please call for a free consultation and estimate.
The Landlord and Tenant Board has two types of office locations, Regional Offices and ServiceOntario Offices. Parallax Paralegal Services can put you in touch with a qualified Licensed Landlord and Tenant Board agent at any of these locations.
Don’t risk the intricacies of the Landlord and Tenant Board process without the help of a licensed Landlord and Tenant Board agent.